tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
# “Quote” Edit Post
Let's get the discussion going.

SDW f+4,3 - Huge buff, in previous games it would grant huge +frames but also was a nosebleed stun, making the +frames basically null and void. Now with it causing S! stun, it should provide consistent pressure.

1,2~HAZ - Buff, a needed change that will allow Raven to parlay his old 1,2 pressure/punishment into an immediate 50/50. Assuming the frames are still there, I wouldn't doubt the meta change giving Raven free HAZ 3 chip damage and having the opponent otherwise guess between HAZ 1 and HAZ 1+2.

FC d/f+3+4,4 - Buff, with the changes to the ground/wakeup game in T7, the old FC d/f+3+4,4 would likely not be able to provide any pressure afterwards. Now ending in a HAZ 4 spike, the opponent is left in FDFA right next to Raven where Raven should be able to apply pressure somewhat safely.

b+2,2,3 - Buff, while the string will likely remain untouched and punishable, by causing that type of flip-over on (b+2,2),3 it heavily infers the kick is now a ground hitting mid. This will likely cause interesting OS meta shift at the wall where we'll see CH (b+2),2 HC for free SDW 1,4 W! otherwise finishing with the ground hitting kick.

SDW f+2,4 - Buff, Raven now has the ability to end in a somewhat quick teleport and more importantly doesn't end in SDW. We don't know much about it yet but there appears to be a few attacks that can possibly end in teleport.

qcf+3,? - Buff, the ability to end in air AT is huge, especially since Raven can already end his combos with f,f+3, qcf+3 to safe tag in TTT2. Similar to SDW f+2,4, this qcf+3 AT might be another glimpse at Raven's teleport options, more information is still needed.

RD - From its speed, Raven's RD will likely be able to be used as a combo ender open-field but my guess is that it'll be primarily used as a wall ender. It's extremely fast so we'll see how it develops.

RA - Raven disappears and attacks with a HAZ 4 which likely means it'll low crush reducing the possibility of incoming damage that must be armored through. With that being said, extremely low attacks might go right under it.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)