Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
PSN: Kiaruda
# “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
The frames on a blocked 4~3 vary, there is no real way of telling what it is on block, so I treat it like it is 0 on block, even frames. Feng can often be at a frame disadvantage after 4~3 is blocked. So do the math: df+1 is 14 frames, and a random hopkick from the opponent is 15 frames, and the 4~3 can be pretty bad on block sometimes.

The varying frames of 4~3 are exactly why you should always only aim to do it when you know it's gonna be plus on block (like that post-f+3,4 oki option you mentioned) and you shouldn't really throw it out randomly because the opponent can sidestep or backdash to avoid it. Even if it hits when they're backdashing, it's probably gonna hit shallow and you are definitely at a disadvantage there. The basic rule of the thumb is to only use that move when you know you'll be at plus frames.

And that's why I said you can keep poking them with d/f+1 or, alternatively, 2,4 which is a safer option at 10 frames. Additionally, throws are absolutely uninterruptable as they will even beat invincible moves in TR. You always have homing moves as your friends if you're suspecting a sidestep/walk.

just be aware that 4~3 followed by a df+1 is not a very good idea, usually.

Because of 4~3's crush and safety, I have been known to toss out yet another 4~3 after a 4~3 is blocked. I also like to mixup 4~3 with QCF+1.

I can't comprehend your logic with this one. How is it a bad idea to do a 14-frame move after 4~3 but it's a good idea to randomly toss out moves that take 20+ frames to connect?