Ei8hTy SiX
Drunken Master
XBL: Ei8hTy SiX
# “Quote” Edit Post
Sir, I thank you very much for taking the time to do that. You have given a great visual analysis of the frame data for:
1 = +8 on hit
f+1 = +8 on hit
b+1 = also +8 on hit
b+1,1 = -16 on hit

I am however disappointed that you were unable to get b+1 to combo with b+1.
I suppose that I'm going to have to record myself performing the b+1,b+1,b+1... combo.
I hope that my visual evidence will help others that might try, as well as prove it's possibility.

Originally posted by noodalls
b+1, 1 input on F25 hits on F37 as predicted by buffer window.

I assume that this was for the b+1,b+1 test (not for the b+1,1 combo) because you noted that the Input Window for the extension in the b+1,1 and b+1,2 combos is between frames 1-11 (with b+1 being input on frame 0).
The important thing is...
b+1, with b+1 input on F25 is what we are trying to test.
I would actually suggest trying the second b+1 on F24 (or even F23) in order for it (a i10 move) to connect while dummy is still blue (on F33 or F34). I'm unsure if your P-stick was holding B after the first b+1. If so, then the commands were input correctly. If not, it may be necessary to hold B while inputting the moves, but I just checked your video again and it appears that you did that (though I'm unsure).

Maybe, it is necessary to be slightly off-axis. As I said before, I've got this to work in the open and when aligned straight with the opponent. But Lei naturally moves side to side when left in neutral, and I may have actually been slightly off to the side. After watching and trying TONY-T's Lei Wulong MAX DAMAGE combos, I know that the hit-box's can act strangely when slightly off-axis (or after a side-step). I first discovered the b+1,b+1,b+1 combo while in practice mode with Lei against Lei. I suggest however, that you practice this against a character that does not have movement while left neutral. A stationary dummy will help limit the variables, if doing this combo off-axis is indeed necessary.

Maybe, if you were able to try this with the training dummy's back against a wall, you might find success. I stated that I have been successful performing this in the open, but I find it much easier with the dummy against a wall or in a corner. This may have to do with the push-back and spacing. I play on Xbox and when we (Xbox players) go into practice mode, we have to select a stage. I was unaware of that cool looking open stage in the PS3 training mode.

Again - thank you for investigating and attempting this!

I have a very low quality capture device and I haven't used it for a couple years. Allow me the time to get the stupid thing hooked back up and upload a video to youtube. I believe it may trigger your interest and convince you to retry.

EDIT: I just realized I can record this on my TV screen with my phone camera. So I apologize ahead of time for the poor video quality, but this will be easier and get the job done the fastest.
coming soon...

Last edited by Ei8hTy SiX on Oct 4th, 2011 at 00:02

Signature Rip - "So... does Dragunov have any stances?" Aris - "No. He's heterosexual."

Steve - "Don't be jealous." Lei - "Know how Sergei got that scar on his mouth? Haha!"

LUYG Ep.7 24:40-25:12