tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
# “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, done messing around with post qcf+4

First things first, it's very frustrating because a lot of things have to go right in order for qcf+4 50/50 options to be viable. Not digging how inconsistent d+2, WS 4 is, hopefully there's a trick to it that I don't know of yet. Ok, this is what I've found.

1) 6 hits in the combo seems to be the magic number to make qcf+4, d+2 viable
2) Opponent must be left at mid-range (~2) post B!
3) d+2, WS 4, d+4,4 is definitely the best option as d+4,1,3 will do some wonky things

Combos I've found (where qcf+4 post B! is viable):
qcf+2, f+4, 1, 1,3,2 B! qcf+4 - 68 damage
qcf+2, f+2,4, ff, 1,3,2 B! qcf+4 - 77 damage

For those wondering on bobble damage:
d+2, WS 4, d+4,4 - 29 damage

Teching the d+2 will escape the bobble and and even if you anticipate the tech, many if not nearly all of Dragunov's options will not work, as BP already said.

What tech options I've tested:
f,f+2 (blocked)
iWR 2 (whiffs)
4,3 (whiffs/blocked)
4,4 (whiffs)
4,1 (whiffs, though can possibly set up BT oki as I have a feeling Wake up kicks will whiff on it)
u/f+2, u/f+3, u/f+4 (whiffs)
iWS 4 (whiffs)

Then I tried out b+4 strings
b+4,1 (whiffs/blocked/ducked)

and then finally
b+4,2 (hmm, that's interesting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TGn6NZ2D6c
(Please excuse the poor quality)

Looks like there's a frame or two during recovery in which the opponent can duck or attack right before the 2 comes down on him. I believe (b+4),2,1 is NC, as well as obviously NCc, so this for now looks like the best option. By no means safe, but +4 on block and +8 on hit is nothing to sneeze at.

That's all for now.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)