haruhi03
2nd Dan
# “Quote” Edit Post
I did this last time I played, on Tekken 5 arcade machine, and the ESS works purrfectly, I say thumbs up for this guide, I just applied the pad controller on the joystick, the hard thing is that when sidestepping downwards, I have to do QCD with right to downwards and when doing QCU I'll be doing left to upward joystick motion, because my wrist hurts whenever I do the opposite motion, however, no block input if you're sidestepping downwards with the QCD, on f motion if you're on p1 side, since it's a forward not a backward T_T and same with sidestepping to the right when p2 side >.>

when inputting this on the arcade machine, I suggest you do this following:

on p1 side:

side step downwards (right): side step first, then press b with ur thumb, then curl your index and middle finger on a C motion from b to d, and there you go your QCD, it takes practice though >.>

side step upwards (left): side step first (by tapping U), press b with ur thumb, then pull ur thumb upwards on a C motion from b to u for QCU

p2 side:

side step downwards (left): side step first, press B with the center of your palm (or hold the ball between your thumb and index finger), then do the QCD by holding the Jap ball between your thumb and index finger from B to D

side step upwards (right): side step first, press B same as the above mentioned, do the QCU by holding the ball between your thumb and index finger, then rotate the joystick from B to U, it hurts though o.O

TIP: you could also do forwards when doing the QCU/QCB, however, there's no random block, so doing the QCU/QCD from B is your choice, needs constant practice since it hurts my wrist for the first time, and I also recommend that you use your whole arm when you ESS.

P.S.:

~facts: you could get a buffer move with ESS, I've tried it once, it's up to you to figure it out what command that is buffed during ESS =P

~this move is a lil bit useless in Tekken 6, I mean you could still do it but it looks like you still got a 70% on getting hit, I've tried this three times and I get hit in a row, I dunno why.

if this explains enough, still, I would like somebody to upload a vid on doing this so everyone could understood the example, 'cuz my english was sooo bad :3

credits to Kazuo though, 10 cookies out of 10 for the ESS, I don't know that command in the first place but not 'til I've looked at this encyclopedia lolz

Last edited by haruhi03 on Oct 8th, 2008 at 13:10